The Springs Group invites applications for Sommelier.
In 1981, a little pub in Maple Ridge named ‘The Witch of Endor” came under new management by two men who had a passion for great pubs, community and ice cold Beer. Soon after, the pub expanded to a cold Beer and Wine store. This was the first of its kind in BC.
36 years later… The “Springs Group” continues to expand its neighborhood Brew Pubs and Liquor Stores, to 15 locations and counting, with an emphasis on connection, community and ice cold, crafted beer.
The Springs Group is currently inviting applications for the role as a Sommelier, working within all 12 Liquor Store locations throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley Overview: Turn your passion for Wines & Spirits into an income. We are hiring regional Brand Ambassadors to represent the Springs Group Stores. You will take your passion & expertise into our stores to increase brand exposure. Sommelier Brand Ambassadors are passionate about Wines & Spirits, take pride in achieving their goals, and are self-motivated with a customer-focused mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit our Springs Group stores according to a scheduled route plan
- Perform staff tastings at stores to educate, inform, and expand brand distribution
- Conduct store brand audits to ensure programming is executed appropriately
- Maintain deep knowledge of key brand products
- Build positive and lasting client / consumers relationships based on trust
- Support store with developing product listings
- Maintaining a good working relationship with media dept
- Must be 19+ years old
- Have a valid and current driver’s license
- Serving it right certified
- Desire to continually learn and grow is a must
- Proficient in using mobile devices and online communication
- High School Diploma or GED required
- WSET Level 1, 2 and 3