In 1981, a little pub in Maple Ridge named ‘The Witch of Endor” came under new management by two men who had a passion for great pubs, community and ice-cold beer. Soon after, the pub expanded to a cold beer and wine store. This was the first of its kind in BC.
36 years later… The “Springs Group” continues to expand its neighbourhood Brew Pubs and Liquor Stores, to 16 locations and counting, with an emphasis on connection, community and ice-cold, crafted beer.
“The need for connection and community is primal. It’s as fundamental as the need for air, food and beer.”
-Ken Brookes (owner)
Cheeky’s invites applications for Assistant Manager
Cheeky’s Cannabis Merchants – Maple Ridge, BC
Heath is Wealth! Let us guide customers into conscious health decisions and solve their everyday aches and pains holistically.
We are looking to employ a knowledgeable and experienced Budtender to assist customers in selecting suitable cannabis products. The responsibilities of the Budtender include greeting and welcoming customers, informing the manager of customer complaints and operational issues, and sharing firsthand experiences of cannabis products to address customer concerns. You should also be able to answer customers’ questions regarding the different strains of cannabis, their medicinal uses, and methods of consumption.
- Advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their health needs, personal preferences, budgets, and attention to different strains of cannabis.
- Keeping abreast of new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends through trade shows and research.
- Processing customers’ payments using the dispensary’s Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensuring that the dispensary is always warm and welcoming to guests of all ages.
- Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products.
- Correctly weighing, packaging, and labelling cannabis products as required.
- Checking customers’ identification to verify that they are of legal age. Selling appropriate products as required by law and building profiles outline
- Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
- Providing support to the store manager and the rest of the team
- Handle documentations and administrative needs related to store operations
- Assuring you and all other team members are in compliance with laws
- Stock receiving and replenishing duties
- Proven experience working as a Budtender for 2-years.
- Proven experience working as a manager or assistant manager for 1-year.
- 19 plus
- “Selling It Right” certification
- A valid security verification from the British Columbia Liquor and Cannabis Branch
- Sound knowledge of cannabis strains
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, Word, and POS systems.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR VALID SECURITY VERIFICATION.
- Cannabis Security Verification (Preferred)
- Selling It Right certification
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume and a brief outline of your goals and why you are the best candidate for the role. While this candidate will be expected to work ‘standard business hours’ our stores are open 7 days/week from 9am-11pm so team member’s availability to be flexible is important.
Springs Group thanks all candidates for their interest. Successful candidates will be contacted directly for further discussions.
Thank you in advance for your application.